*** THURSDAY ADVISORY ***
ELECTRIC VEHICLE TAX INCENTIVES, CRACKDOWN ON AUTHORITY SALARIES BENEFITS MORE HELP FOR NEW JERSEY HORSE RACING TOP ASSEMBLY AGENDA
Red Tape Cutting, Tightening Immunization Exemptions, Consumer Protections Also on Tap
(TRENTON) – Legislation to promote the purchasing of electric cars and charging stations through tax credits, crackdown on salaries and benefits at state and local authorities, streamline burdensome regulations to help businesses and help boost the horse racing industry and tighten immunization exemptions top Thursday’s Assembly voting session agenda.
The session is slated to begin at 1 p.m. with a Black History Month ceremony. It will be streamed live at http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/media/live_audio.asp.
• Legislation (A-3650-3651) sponsored by Assembly Democrats Connie Wagner (D-Bergen), Craig J. Coughlin (D-Middlesex), Gilbert “Whip” Wilson and Angel Fuentes (D-Camden/Gloucester), Daniel R. Benson and Wayne DeAngelo (both D-Mercer/Middlesex), Valerie Vainieri Huttle (D-Bergen), Kevin J. Ryan (D-Essex) to provide corporate and gross income tax credits for the purchase of electric vehicles and charging stations.
• Legislation (A-2505) sponsored by Nellie Pou (D-Passaic/Bergen), Paul Moriarty (D-Gloucester/Camden) and Gordon Johnson (B-Bergen) to restrict the salaries and benefits at state and local authorities.
• Legislation (A-2721-2722) sponsored by John Burzichelli (D-Gloucester/Salem/Cumberland), Annette Quijano (D-Union) and Ralph Caputo (D-Essex) to continue helping New Jersey’s economy by cutting back on burdensome business regulations.
• Legislation (A-2051) sponsored by DeAngelo and Ruben J. Ramos Jr. (D-Hudson) to invalidate any consumer contract that requires a consumer to waive the right to file a consumer complaint.
• Legislation (A-2513-3511-3710) to continue efforts to boost New Jersey’s horse racing industry. They’re sponsored by Burzichelli, Wagner, Vainieri Huttle and John F. McKeon (D-Essex).
• A resolution (ACR-157) sponsored by Herb Conaway, M.D. (D-Camden/Burlington) and Burzichelli to require the state to tighten regulations granting immunization exemptions to school children.
• Legislation (A-444) sponsored by Speaker Pro Tempore Jerry Green (D-Union/Middlesex/Somerset) to disqualify school board members for crime convictions and require them to undergo background checks.
• Legislation (A-2592) sponsored by John Wisniewski (D-Middlesex), Coughlin and Vincent Prieto (D-Hudson/Bergen) to create a next-of-kin program for use after motor vehicle accidents.
• A bill (A-3468) sponsored by Peter J. Barnes III (D-Middlesex), L. Grace Spencer (D-Essex) and Vainieri Huttle to establish a civil cause of action for gender-motivated violence.
• Legislation (A-3468) sponsored by Nelson Albano and Matthew W. Milam (both D-Atlantic-Cape May-Cumberland), Burzichelli and Celeste Riley (D-Gloucester/Salem/Cumberland) to extend lemon law protections to farm equipment.
• Legislation (A-2571) sponsored by Joan M. Quigley (D-Hudson/Bergen), Bonnie Watson Coleman (D-Mercer) and Spencer to recognize three Indian tribes in New Jersey.
The complete agenda can be found at: http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/legislativepub/leg….